Cabbage and Curry Soup
The #3 most frequently asked question we're asked is, "What do you do with almond butter?" Our answer is honestly ... "EVERYTHING!" Seriously. We've tried almond butter on everything from brownies to scrambled eggs. While there is no end to our #toastlove, we adore giving you recipe ideas to try that you never imagined!
- ½ head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 4 cups water
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Or whatever other vegetables you have in the fridge!
Thai Green Curry
- A friend recently gave me a great piece of advice: "If you need a deck built, call a carpenter. If you need a perfect soufflé, call me." He's a chef, so his basic point was if you want something done well, go to an expert. So, I used a pint of left over Thai Coconut Green Curry packed with bamboo, green beans, Thai eggplant, bell pepper and basil in this recipe. Use a curry from your favorite local Thai restaurant or, if you're a curry savant ... use your own (and share it with us!)
- 2 - 3 Tbsp Balance Blend (Rosemary) Almond Butter
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and red pepper flakes in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add celery, onions, bell peppers, and carrots. Saute until slightly tender.
- Pour in water.
- Stir in tomatoes and cabbage.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Cook until cabbage is tender.
- Mix in left over curry and rice until well combined with soup.
- Stir in almond butter.