Almond Butter Chai Bites
Recipe Post by Gourmet Gab
One of my favorite things about fall is the return of chai. When the weather cools down a bit, I turn to a sweet and spicy chai tea to warm me up. A dirty chai latte (chai latte plus espresso) is a delicious way to change-up a usual coffee drink. The chai spice combination usually is composed of a handful of the following: green cardamom, fennel seed, ginger, peppercorns, cloves, coriander seeds and star anise. I love using some of these spices individually in baking and was brainstorming how to be able to combine them into one dessert. Then I tasted Revival Food Co.’s Chai Time almond butter.
Almond Butter Chai Bites, by Gabriela Rodiles
PREP TIME: 10 mins
TOTAL TIME: 10 mins
- ½ cup almond butter (Revival Chai Time almond butter is recommended)
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons agave
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Extra cinnamon for sprinkling
- Put the oats in a blender and pulverize until smooth like sand.
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients except white chocolate and oil.
- Once the ingredients are mixed, form into about 8 small balls.
- In a microwave safe container, melt white chocolate chips with vegetable oil in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Place the almond chai balls on a sheet of wax paper or a plate and drizzle with melted white chocolate. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Let chocolate dry and then serve.