Today was the first day that it really snowed here in Indianapolis. And it was very, very cold snow. So, I did what all hardworking adults do. I stayed inside and cuddled with my adorable little puppy and worked on my business. I went to a pretty fantastic and rigorous yoga class yesterday, so sitting around all day really just made me more sore. Bad idea, in case you're thinking about trying it out.
I got unusually starving around 3, but I didn't want to eat anything that wouldn't actually be good for me. I definitely needed something though. And I wanted comfort food, bad.
So I settled on a redux of an old favorite: the peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Except this time it would be in a homemade wrap, and it would be filled with my Simply Almond vanilla-infused almond butter and local strawberry jam. I only had half a wrap (because I was sweet enough to share it with my husband) and it was enough to make my belly oh-so-happy.
Here's how you can get happy too:
The Coconut Wrap (slightly adapted from Against the Grain)
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Almond Milk (I used unsweetened vanilla)
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder, sifted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (I used pink Himalayan)
- nonstick spray
- Heat your nonstick pan at medium-high.
- Whisk together the eggs, almond milk, coconut flour, arrowroot powder, melted butter, and sea salt. Let the batter sit for about 10 minutes before whisking it together one last time.
- Spray the pan, and ladle in about a 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan, swirling the pan to make sure the batter spreads to all edges.
- Cook for about 45 seconds, before gently flipping the wrap over to cook for an additional 30 seconds. When the edges begin to lift off of the pan, that's when you will know it's ready to flip!
- When finished with all of the wraps, allow them to cool before storing them in your fridge for about 5 days, or in your freezer for up to 6 months. I like to put parchment paper between each wrap before putting it into a freezer-proof storage bag.
Oh, and as far as the Pure & Good Special goes... slather a heaping spoonful or two of Simply Almond (or your other favorite P&G butter) onto the slightly warm wrap, then smother a big ol' spoonful of your favorite jam atop that. Roll it up, and enjoy heartily.