Weekends are better with pancakes. They just are. I woke up this Saturday morning thinking, I am not making food this weekend. This mama needs a break! But then I started craving pancakes, and the truth is, I just like my pancakes better than the ones I get one I'm out. The ole' dilemma! So I caved. PANCAAAAKES!
And not just any pancakes, either. These are vegan, gluten-free, wholesome, and topped with a deliciously nutty syrup.
- 2/3 cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 1/3 cup Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour (or Oat Flour)
- 1 Tbsp Organic Cane Sugar or Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Dairy-Free Milk (I used vanilla almond milk!)
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter or Organic Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/2 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Almond Butter
- Combine all dry ingredients in medium-sized bowl (cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, sea salt)
- Combine your milk, butter/coconut oil in a small bowl. I usually heat the milk a bit so that it doesn't harden the oil when I mix them together!
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring until completely combined, and then let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Once it's ready to go, make pancakes like yo mama taught you! On the stove, over high heat, flip them sooner than you want to so that they a nice golden brown, rather than a charred black. I use coconut oil on my pan between flips, because I like when my pancakes are fluffy on the inside and a bit crispy on the outside.
- Meanwhile, heat your Pure Maple Syrup in the microwave for about 30 seconds or less, and then stir in the Almond Butter once it's hot and ready. Use a small whisk or fork to fully mix in the two. Personally, I think the Classic flavor works best, but feel free to experiment!
- Impress all of your friends and family with the simplest, yet most delightful breakfast treat ;)