Prepping for the holidays? Looking for that perfect (and easy!) chilly weather meal to share with friends? Okay, you will love this recipe!! It's full of cozy flavors, nutrient-dense veggies and grains, and ALMOND BUTTER! Duh. If you haven't realized it by now, all of our recipes on the website use almond butter... I mean, I think that's a given! Plus, it's the most amazing superfood, so it should be on #allthethings! I'm planning on serving this as a side dish for our Thanksgiving side this year... maybe you should give it a try and surprise your family and friends!
- 1 cup (cooked) quinoa
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- small onion or half of an onion
- 1 apple (I used fuji)
- half cup dried cranberries
- half cup of sliced almonds
- salt, pepper, and cinnamon to taste
ALMOND BUTTER DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- 2 Tb Classic Almond Butter
- 4 Tb Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Stoneground Mustard
- 1/2 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tsp of Orange Zest (or a bit of orange juice!)
- Dice 4 sweet potatoes, 1 lb of Brussel sprouts, diced onion and coat them with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast in oven until tender and golden about 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Toss with cooked quinoa after roasting.
- Add in diced apple, cranberries, sliced almonds, salt, pepper, and a dash of cinnamon
- Combine ingredients for the almond butter dressing, and liberally pour over your big quinoa bowl, or set it aside for guests to pour into their separate bowls as desired!
With love, from my kitchen to yours,
P.S.... HUGE shoutout to my girl, Erinn, of the incredible women-empowering blog, Bridging HerStory! She took these amazing photos, and has been a major inspiration to me. If you're needing some life/business coaching, contact her! She also has an amazing new subscription box featuring our Chai Time Almond Butter (more on that in a blog post soon!). Check her out!!