Dark Chocolate Chai Cookies
Life without cookies is like living without ever really breathing. Okay, maybe that's an overstatement. Maybe not. To each his own! But these cookies are incredibly delicious and need to be in your life. They're super easy-- just grab a jar of our Chai Time Almond Butter and some dark chocolate (this could be a bar or chips!)-- and you're just a few steps away from making magic!
These cookies are gluten free, vegan, paleo and take just about 25 minutes total to assemble and bake! These are the perfect last-minute dessert that you can whip up and wow your friends with, or that you can enjoy during a night in watching Netflix. Also, it should be said that if you just want to eat the cookie dough without baking it, that is 100% safe and encouraged (it's really good).
Now, get out your mixing bowl and get started!
1 Tb Ground Flaxseed + 3 Tb filtered water
3/4 c. Chai Time (or a full 4oz jar)
3 Tb. Almond Flour
3/4 c. Cane Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350, prime cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine flax and water to create a “flax egg”, and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl combine almond butter and sugar, then add in the almond flour and baking soda.
4. Add in the Vanilla and Flax Egg.
5. Scoop out spoonful-sized portions onto the cookie sheet, bake for about 10-12 minutes. Cookies will expand, so give them space on the cookie sheet!
6. Immediately after baking, place chocolate chips onto the still-hot cookies. Allow them to cool for about 10 minutes, and then devour!