The glory of these cookies is that they are ridiculously simple to make, and you can throw in just about everything you can get your hands on in the cupboard. You may not want to drop your olives in here, but nearly everything else... YES.
I'm thinking potato chips, bacon salt, white chocolate, dark chocolate, goji berries, chia seeds, flax seeds, dried cherries... the possibilities are endless! Get excited. Obviously, I am.
These are the snack that I make at midnight when I have no desire to go to bed and a plateful of cookies with a hefty jar of milk sounds like the best idea ever. I never, ever regret it. To be honest, they're really not that bad for you either! But I guess that totally depends on what mysterious ingredients you decide to throw in your mixing bowl.
The Everything Cookie
- one cup almond butter (any flavor will do!)
- one large egg
- 1/2 cup of organic light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- whatever else you want
- need some help? a handful of oats, a few shakes of ginger and cinnamon, 1/2 cup of chocolate, 1/2 cup of dried fruit and nuts, leftover granola from your breakfast, crushed organic pretzels, etc. GET CREATIVE!
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix together the nut butter, egg, and sugar.
- Now start mixing in everything else! Be sure that each ingredient you add is thoroughly mixed before adding another. The key here is to make sure that there's still enough dough to your cookie, and not too much of your ingredients. Remember, you need something to keep it all together!
- After covering your cookie sheet with parchment paper, scoop out golfball-sized amounts of dough (or smaller, if you prefer), and line them up in two rows.
- Place in the oven for about 8-10 minutes, watching to take them out just as they begin to brown.
- Sprinkle sea salt on all of the cookies and then allow them to cool for about 5 minutes, before using the bottom of a fork to flatten out the cookies.
- Devour with milk.