One thing that I will always cherish is a good stack of pancakes. There are days where nothing else compares to these warm, fluffy, maple syrup-covered beauties. So you can understand how sad I was when I woke up craving pancakes and then suddenly remembered that my husband and I are only eating paleo for a season. Ahh!
But have no fear... Pinterest is here! I had a few almost-rotten bananas sitting around, and figured there must be something that could be created with them. Lo and behold! I found this recipe from Daily Hiit, and modified it a bit for my tastes.
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- Pre-heat your skillet with coconut oil.
- Mash bananas thoroughly, until become slightly frothy.
- Add in whisked eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add in spices, baking soda, and coconut flour... whisk all ingredients well!
- Ladle about palm-sized amounts onto the oiled skillet. Only turn over once you are positive the bottom is cooked! These don't cook through quite as quickly as your average pancakes, so exude patience here!
- Once finished, smother with Simply Almond or Cinnanut (my two faves with this!), and then drizzle with pure maple syrup (preferably local!).
And have a lovely, sweet morning!